SEAD Salzburg Experimental Academy of Dance is a training center for contemporary dancers and choreographers and was founded in 1993 by Susan Quinn. Coupled with the professional training company, SEAD is also a year-round production and event venue for contemporary dance and performance art. The dance academy and its international students enrich the cultural offer of the city of Salzburg with numerous events, in-house productions, guest events and guest performances. Today, SEAD is a well-known academy with more than 100 international students from over 30 countries who can attend different educational programs. SEAD is a meeting point for experimental collaborations, residencies, and performances. As a cultural space open for the general public SEAD offers an educational program for adults, teens and kids, and organizes various events in the field of contemporary dance and performance art which enriches the cultural scene in Salzburg. Since 2008, SEAD is home-base and residency for the internationally touring repertory-company BODHI PROJECT.
SEAD is looking for a person with experience, motivation and passion for contemporary dance to support our team as communication manager.
This person will take over the conception and implementation of external communication and marketing, is the contact person for cooperation partners and media representatives and has a key role in writing texts in German and English.
The activity covers the following areas
- Conception of marketing and public relations
- Implementation and coordination of marketing tools
- Acquisition and support of sponsors and cooperation partners
- Writing target group-oriented texts in English and German
- Media planning
- Budget responsibility
- Completed studies in cultural management, dance or communication science or equivalentdegree
- Several years of professional experience in the field of culture management and marketing
- Very good overview and contacts to the cultural and media scene nationally and internationally
- Competence in writing target group-oriented texts
- Excellent organizational skills and computer literacy
- Extensive experience in social media, SEM/SEO
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility in terms of time and resilience
- Excellent language skills in German and English
- Ready to travel abroad
We offer a creative and challenging position.
Employment contract: 30-40 hours per week
Start of work from 15.6. 2022. The position is open-ended.
Annual gross salary of at least 29,000 euros for 30 weekly hours and includes free participation in SEAD movement courses, assistance with possible relocation or apartment search.
Applications by April 30th, 2022 by email to
SEAD / Margreth Lanzinger