Deadline for applications: 15-01-2021
ENS is always looking for ways to help independent makers. RESID-ENS20 had ot h canceled due ot he pandemic but RESID-ENS21 is going ot h the kick-off of a wonderful dance year. We will allow a makers to create a new performance in our black-box studio. We provide spots for makers of any level in their carrier and with a successful residency works will be recorded and/or included in the programming of our theater performances.
Where: Nederland, Leiden, The Dance Collector Black Box Studio
When: May/July 21
Who can apply:
This residency is open for all sorts of dance makers that are:
– Seasoned veterans in the field
– Students looking ot he experience
– Emerging choreographers starting their carrier as a maker
– Others willing to create a work in a company setting
- Applications are not limited ot he Netherlands, international and travelling choreographers are welcome.
– This is for starting makers wanting to try a residency
– A four day program
– Maker will be allowed to create a small ten minute piece.
– This is for makers that already made a couple of dance performances
– A five day program
– Making a strong work of +/-20 minutes.
– Maker will be provided dancers/ dance students
– For makers with a lot of experience and is comfortable in making larger works.
– A ten day program.
– For a 30/45 minute work.
How to apply: Makers willing to apply will need to:send an email to: email@example.com
– subject :of email: RESID-ENS21-(number) (name applicant)
(example: RESID-ENS21-2 David Sunderland)
The email must include:
– Artistic profile and basic 1 page portfolio including link to previous works
– For what level you wish to apply: (1 short, 2 advanced or 3 long)
– brief pitch (tel us in 3 sentences what you will create)
– short motivation letter
- After your application is finished and send you will receive a payment request for your application. Once that is provided you will receive an conformation and your application is complete.
Makers without a portfolio that are beginning their carrier can apply for RESID-ENS21-1 without a portfolio and links to previous works.
Anyone that applied before 15 January 2021 00:00 with a complete profile will be taken into consideration. On 1 February 2021 a first selection will be made. A preliminary dialogue will be opened with the selected group to see who will fit best in the program after a final selection will be made on 1 march 2021 . Applications without the application fee provided will not be taken into consideration.
Applications and it’s fee must be complete before: 1 February 2021 00:00
Costs for participants: Differs per program
Contact details: Stichting ENS
For further information, please visit http://www.enscompany.nl/resid-ens-2021.html