In this 6-day research lab 8 practitioners of improvisation come together, share experiential knowledge with one another, spend intensive, focused time on research in instant composition, leading to three performative interventions in public spaces in the city of Salzburg.
Where: Public Space, Salzburg, Austria
When: 10. – 15. June 2022
Deadline for applications: 15. April 2022
INFLUX – Netzwerk für Tanz, Theater und Performance invites practitioners of improvisation and instant composition in performance to be a part of Salzburg Interdisciplinary Improvisation Research Lab and Performative Intervention in Salzburg city, taking place from the 10 – 15 of June, 2022.
The lab will focus on studying various aspects of instant composition such as time, space, object and the relationship between these elements. This will be an interdisciplinary practice, meaning, performing artists from all genres are welcome to apply.
Research Lab schedule:
– Morning practice, where three hours each day one of the participating members will share their knowledge with the rest of the group.
– Research afternoons, where the group works for three hours in creating improvised pieces in the studio and examines them collectively, in order to draw comprehensive observations about their practice.
– Finally on the 6th day, the performers will venture out into different outdoor spaces in Salzburg city to create three short performative interventions in various constellations.
What you can expect:
– 6 days of focused research on improvisational practices.
– The artists leading morning practice sessions will be compensated for their work with a fee of 22€ per hour, as per the Fairpay scheme set by IG Kultur.
– The performances will be paid a fee of 200€ per performer. Each performer will perform in one performance only.
What will not be provided:
Unfortunately we cannot provide accommodation or travel costs.
How to apply / register: Since there are only 8 spots in this research lab and it is meant specifically for performers with an ongoing practice or substantial experience in improvisation as a tool of performance, could you please send us:
– a motivation letter clearly stating why you want to be a part of this lab and how it could benefit your practice.
– a CV
– video material of your practice, if any. (optional, but appreciated)
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 15th of April, 2022. The chosen artists will be informed until beginning of May. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.