With the awarding of the annual performance grant from the State of Salzburg, Hip Hop and House dancer Olivia Mitterhuemer offers a 4-week dance mentorship for young up-and-coming dancers from Austria.
[EN] After a written application process, a total of 4 dancers will be selected in an audition on May 2nd, who will then receive mentoring in the period of June-August 2021.
CONTENT OF MENTORING ARE :
- Hip Hop & House Dance History
- Hip Hop and House Dance Technique
- Freestyle & Improvisation Tools
- Choreographic concepts
- Pedagogical concepts
- Musical know-how
- Theoretical units on the topics „Life as a dancer“, „Cultural Appropriation in Hip Hop & House“ (held by guest teacher)
- Attendance of networking events, dance pieces, battles, free trainings (by arrangement)
In addition, a short Dance piece will be worked out during the mentorship, which will be performed in Salzburg at the end of the period.
After the dancers have been selected, 4 intensive days of 8 hours each are agreed, during which the group is taught in the City of Salzburg. There will also be guest lecturers for 2 individual units. In addition to the 4 days, theater visits, battles, teaching assistances or similar will be planned.
The AUDITION will take place on May 2nd from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at tanz_house in ARGEkultur. A written application is required for the audition – applicants will receive a notice until April 15th if they are invited.
Participation in the mentorship is free. Travel and accommodation costs must be paid by the participants.
REQUIREMENTS for participation in the audition:
- Place of residence or place of birth in Austria
- Age: 15-26
- At least 2 years of dance experience in the field of hip hop and / or house dance
Please send your APPLICATION by APRIL 1st with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, place of residence, age, dance experience
- Letter of motivation (max. 1500 characters without spaces)
- Short representative dance video (max. 2 min. length)
If you have any QUESTIONS, please contact email@example.com