16th – 22nd of February 2022
Deadline to apply: 31.12.2021
Organizer: JumBo is an NGO that was established in 2009 to promote youth mobility
and the diffusion of non-formal education realizing intercultural exchanges and other
cultural projects at an international and European level. JumBo gives attention to
social problems like racism, unemployment, and any kind of discrimination.
This is a Training Course based on the use of non-formal education, theatre, and creativity as tools for youth empowerment.
The project will take place in AUSTRIA from the 16th to the 22nd of February 2022. During the Training Course, all the participants will implement a creative process using theatre techniques. The participants will work individually and in groups using theatre, they will lead sessions for other participants testing their leadership skills. An important goal is to learn how to map arts tools for social intervening and to learn how to use select theatre tools in an intercultural environment. Expected participants in the project will have experience in working with young people and an active
interest in using theatre.
Objectives of the project:
• to promote cultural awareness in participants and their intercultural learning
• to offer to participants a clear methodological approach and new tools based
on theatre and creativity
• to share among participants creative working methods focused on promoting
social inclusion among young people using theatre
• to foster new networking youth initiatives based on arts and creativity as tools for
• having a true and real interest in mapping theatre tools and learning new
• at least 3 years of practice in performing arts (theatre, music, or dance) as
an artist and/or youth workers/leaders
• open to diversity;
• fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and
communicate in English for the entire project);
• it is obligatory to be present during the whole duration of the ctivities every day.
How to apply:
Please apply through this link by the 16th of December, 2021
• Language of instruction: English
• Certificate: European Youth Pass
• Selected participants will have to pay a participation fee of €50.
• Costs for board, accommodation and training are fully covered by the organizers.
Experimental psychologist and theatre author, he carries out researches on performance since 1999. He has been working as an international trainer for theatre and applied theatre since 2005, in more than 20 countries all over the world. Struck by the encounter with immersive theatre in 2013 he is now completely dedicated to
creating immersive experiences with Project xx1, group he co-founded, taking charge of the artistic productions.
Emanuele has been working in the arts since 1998. He invented a career in experimental theatre using arts and intercultural tools. He directed 3 immersive shows in 2019: „Open Doors“, „Journeys“, and „ACAB“. ‚La Ventana“ in 2018. He worked as a performer in the show “El Hilo de Ariana” by Enrique Vargas of Teatro de los sentidos. He directed „Locked“ in 2017. ‘The Fool’ in 2016. He performed in ‘Augenblick – The instant of the possible’, the first immersive performance in Rome in 2015. He directed „Ship of Fools“ and „P45“ in 2014.
JumBo-Jugend mit Bock!
Nina Krassnitzer and Christian Krassnitzer