Vienna-based choreographer Georg Blaschke and his association M.A.P. Vienna Movement Art Programmes are looking for two dance performers for the upcoming production titled
“Giotto’s Corridor” – a collaboration with media artist Jan Machacek and a cooperation with brut Koproduktionshaus Wien
The Premiere is scheduled at the end of November 2021 in Vienna, with uncertainty due to the actual situation of the pandemic.
Rehearsal start and location of rehearsals: not before September 2021 in Vienna.
Period of work: maximum 8 weeks including the performances.
Your work for the project is paid.
Please send a short CV and a video-link to a representative solo work of yourself (maximum length: 10 minutes) to M.A.P. Vienna / Raffaela Gras (Production): firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, March 5th 2021
After a preselection we will invite possible candidates to work individually in a frame of a dialogue with Georg Blaschke for about an hour. The actual measures related to the Covid-19 pandemic will be strictly applied.
These meetings will be arranged according to personal schedules in the second half of March 2021.
- No gender or age preference
- Strong contemporary dance technique
- Professional performing experience
- Thorough understanding of somatic methods
- Interest and motivation to work autonomously on a proposed subject
About the project: The work focuses on two central questions:
- How does the application of a visual concept transform an actual space and the habits of individual perception and bodily articulation? This concept is based on a thorough historical research of the discovery of linear perspective.
- What is tangible? A movement, the projection of a movement or a movement with the image of itself?