The Austrian Association of Independent Theatre (IGFT; IG Freie Theaterarbeit) was founded by Independent Performing Artists in 1989. Its goal is the improvement of the cultural-political, social, legal and professional situation of persons and groups, who are active in Independent performing art. Other goals are the promotion of cooperation and communication.
• for a better economical situation for persons working within the independent performing arts field
• for the implementation of social security structures that help independent performing artists and people who work in this field to combine freelance and employed work better than it is possible at the moment
• for an infrastructure that enables the preparation and realisation of independent productions in the frame of fair payment
• for a better visibility of the "free" performing art scene - within Austria we publish the production schedule http://www.theaterspielplan.at
• to enhance solidarity and network-building of people who work within the arts
• for effortless access to information, i. e. in editing a magazine, in releasing a weekly newsletter with cultural political information, information about jobs, calls, education & training, festivals ...
You can reach us monday 9.30 a.m. - 6 p.m., tuesday to thursday 9.30 a.m - 3 p.m.