(IRN/EU) HerMaP: Open call for Artistic Research Residency Programme
Deadline: 30th August 2019
Iranian and European artists with min. 5 years’ experience in their field of art
Age btw. 24 and 50
- Good English skills required
- Interested in works of art related to the fields of heritage, architecture, conservation or urban planning
- Willing to travel abroad
“HerMap Iran” – Cultural Heritage Management Project in Iran is funded by the Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development of the European Commission and lead by the Greek Heritage Management Organization in partnership with the Goethe-Institut (Germany) and the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels – BOZAR (Belgium). It focuses on the enhancement of the local management of Iranian heritage through training and through an Artistic research residency program.
In parallel to the training program, the Goethe-Institut (Germany) and the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels -BOZAR (Belgium) are in charge of the Artistic Research Residency Program Iran-Europe, consisting of the following activities:
- Experimental Lab at the Centre for Fine Arts- BOZAR and Study Visits
- Artist in Residency Program
- Presentation of the results in Iran
- Final Program Encounter at the Centre for Fine Arts- BOZAR
The program is organized as a means to value tangible and intangible cultural heritage by creating new ways for its development and communication through developing the potential of cultural heritage for new generations, linking past and future.
All participants will be invited to participate in the following activities:
- Experimental-Lab and Study visits in the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels - BOZAR (beginning of November). The programme, objective and expected outcomes will be presented to the participants. Artists and experts in the field of industrial heritage will provide professional advice and hints to sharpen their approach.
- Artist in Residency Programme: Each residency is going to take one month between December 2019 and February 2020. The exact time-plan will be sent to the artists after the selection process.
- Presentation of results: In April 2020 there will be an exhibition in Iran, where the productions of each residency will be shown.
- Final Encounter: it will take place in the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels - BOZAR in May 2020 to share all experiences and encourage peer-learning, knowledge-sharing and future collaborations.
What HerAiR offers
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation and daily allowance to attend the Artists-Lab in Brussels in November 2019 together with all selected artists;
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation, daily allowance and technical support for the residency;
- Each residency will be shaped around the individual needs of each successful applicant creating a unique residency opportunity providing a tailored residency program for each successful applicant, to meet and collaborate with local artists and experts.
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation and daily allowance to attend the Final
- Encounter in Brussels in May 2020.
- Open call deadline: August 30th
- The participants will be selected by an artistic committee as the jury, consisting of 7 experts from Iran and Europe.
- Altogether six projects will be selected. Four of them will participate in the residencies in Iran and two of them in Europe.
- Publication of the final selection of artists: Mid-September
- Detailed CV
- Professional and personal motivation to be part of this project (max. 1 page)
- Description of the project, planned for the residency (max. 1 pages) answering to the Programme topic with framework, objective(s), expected outcomes, impact or possible interaction with local community, along with the selected site (see the list)
- Website, social media, links (if available)
- 2 references
- Passport Copy
- Contact Information
The application can be done individually or in an Iranian-European tandem
For more Infos: